Collagen is a protein that is responsible for joint health and skin suppleness. It's in your bones, muscles, and blood, and it makes up three-quarters of your skin and one-third of your protein. As you age, your present collagen degrades, making it more difficult for your body to make more.
Where can you get collagen?
Collagen is also naturally created in the body by mixing amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins present in meals.
- Proline: found in egg whites, dairy, cabbage, mushrooms, and asparagus
- Glycine: found in pork skin, chicken skin, and gelatin, and a variety of other protein-rich foods
- Vitamin C: found in citrus fruits and bell peppers
- Zinc: found in beef, lamb, pork, shellfish, chickpeas, lentils, beans, milk, cheese, and various nuts and seeds
- Copper: found in organ meats, cocoa powder, cashews, sesame seeds, and lentils
What are the types of collagen?
Collagen comes in a variety of forms throughout your body. Scientists have found 29 variations, including these five major categories:
- Type I, which gives strength to your skin, bones, ligaments, and tendons
- Type II, which makes up the flexible cartilage that helps support your joints
- Type III, found in your internal organs, blood vessels, and muscles
- Type IV, in some layers of your skin
- Type V, which is present in your corneas as well as some layers of skin and hair
What are the benefits of collagen?
Because collagen is found in so many vital portions of our bodies, it is not only useful but also necessary for your skin. Here are some of the most often mentioned collagen benefits for your health and beauty:
Benefits of Collagen for the Skin
Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
Sun exposure, pollution, poor health decisions, and ageing can all cause a decrease in collagen levels in the skin. When your collagen levels fall, fine lines and wrinkles emerge around your mouth and eyes. Collagen can help avoid these ageing indications and keep your skin supple and smooth for a longer period of time.
Improves skin tone
Collagen contains amino acids that assist maintain your skin appearing smooth, even, and healthy. Collagen is also an effective remedy to an uneven complexion.
The amino acids in collagen can aid to reduce the appearance of acne scars and dark patches. Collagen stimulates healthy tissue production, which speeds up the healing process and allows your skin to mend itself naturally.
Collagen loss caused by ageing or environmental conditions can leave your skin feeling dry and flaky. By reintroducing collagen into your skin, you can provide the hydration it requires to retain a smooth, soft, and radiant appearance!
Forget about botox. While collagen creams and other skin products improve the skin's surface layer, it also stimulates on a deeper level (in the dermis). Because the dermis is in charge of maintaining skin tight and firm, the more collagen that reaches this level, the better your skin will appear.
Collagen and More Natural Ingredients in a Bottle, with the Bio Moisture Boost Serum
The benefits of collagen for skin and hair can be enjoyed through a pump of Tonik Skincare’s Bio Moisture Boost Serum. This is a next-generation volumizing gel that penetrates deep down to help fill, contour, smooth and lift skin's appearance.
Made with natural ingredients, the Bio Moisture Boost Serum helps bring water and collagen together, and absorbs moisture into the skin with a gorgeous multi-dimensional hyaluronic glow that lasts and lasts!