This data might sound new to you, but over 115 million animals are suffering from animal testing around the globe. These stats from Cruelty-Free International simply show that animal testing is a problem that a number of institutions cannot solve, or even acknowledge.
We, as consumers, have the privilege to make our own choices. In this case, it's either we tolerate it or find a way to ditch the dangerous system. The good news is, you can proceed with the latter by simply switching to products that are guaranteed cruelty-free!
Choosing cruelty-free products is one of the best ways to say no to animal testing, and here are 7 reasons why you should to the switch now:
- Animal testing is not the only option in examining a product. Studies show that there are over 7,000 natural ingredients that are proven to be safe and effective - a statement that indicates that animal testing is not necessary to formulate products. Some businesses just choose to do so because of their greed for developing and putting in new components that could make them increase profits. Just like cutting a tree to make paper, this practice allows businesses to prolong life by killing.
- The ban has begun. With the doubling impacts of climate change and the global crisis, a number of authorities have already released a policy to ban and condemn animal testing, especially for cosmetics. European countries, New Zealand, Norway, Israel and India are just a few of the governments that have mandated animal cruelty.
- It's more painful than you can imagine. Just the thought of your furbaby missing a meal hurts, right? What more with the animal-testing victims that get caged, tortured, blinded, and even killed? Animal testing gives these innocent creatures the spell that they are born to die in a way they don't deserve.
- You become more product conscious. Once you go anti-cruelty, you become more sensitive and careful in making your purchases - which also minimises wasting our resources. You take time to study the history, use, and effects if they will give you a total advantage.
- The environment badly needs the switch. It's ironic how we buy cleansers for our faces and bodies - but the process before releasing these products to the market has gone brutally dirty. Some mainstream brands are contaminated with toxic chemicals tested on animals, which also does no good to the environment, and to your health as well.
- You become a true beauty advocate. Animal testing is a dark and ugly side that the cosmetics industry has been trying to hide. You are not to blame if you fell for these brands' marketing strategies before, but now that you are awakened, you can be a catalyst for promoting how real beauty should be cruelty-free.
- It makes you happier and more confident. Picking a product that prioritises human, animal, and environmental safety makes us feel more guilt-free and confident. You purchase beauty products because you wish to look good, and choosing one that is cruelty-free just makes the entire experience even better.
These seven factors are also why the European brand Tonik Skincare is adored by thousands of skin care enthusiasts. Its cruelty-free label guarantees that no animals
were harmed in the production of the skin care solution, and the ingredients are 100% organic. Ready to make a switch? Go and check out the best from Tonik!